Saturday 5 July 2008

Scones, Tea, and the Bodleian Library...

July 3, 2008
Today I had my last Jane Austen class and our professor brought us scones and tea! We talked about "Persuasion" and "Emma."  After class, I walked to the Bodleian Library to look up sources for my papers.  I really enjoyed it because I got my books called up into the Radcliffe Camera. I climbed up on the ladders to get my books on the top shelves and found a seat near the window so I could view the inspiring spires of the city.  I lost myself in my work and stayed there for three hours! Then I walked back to the Crick House, taking a short cut through the University Parks so I could take off my shoes. I arrived in time for another family dinner of spaghetti & meatballs and salad.  It is so nice to come home and find everyone gathered around in the kitchen ready to share a meal together.  A couple of us stayed around the kitchen and talked about music for a little while.  I went up to take a nap and then Lindsey came to wake me up so we could go feed the horses down the road with Howard.  We took them carrots, apples, and oats.  Then we headed back to the house and Lindsey and I started carving the pineapple for our 4th of July dish!

No comments: